Skip to main content
Subscribe to this blog
Follow by Email
Search This Blog
March 07, 2014
Creates the first loop to go onto the hook and usual way to begin any crochet.
1. Start by making a loop in the yarn with the free end of the yarn ball.
2. Using your finger and thumb, reach into the loop and grab the free end of the yarn.
3. Pull the yarn up through the original loop to create a new loop.
4. Holding the free end of the yarn and yarn coming from the ball, keep pulling this new loop until the original loop closes.
5. Pop the hook through this loop and pull on the free end of the yarn.
6. Keep pulling the free end of the yarn until the loop fits snuggly around the hook.